Any deviation outside the range of what constitutes a normal menstrual period is considered a menstrual problem and might be due a variety of reasons, some of which are gynaecological conditions that need investigation.
Menstrual irregularities that may be observed are:
- Amenorrhea absence of menstrual periods.
- Dysmenorrhoea painful menstruation.
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Oligomenorrhoea irregular or frequent menstrual periods.
Some of the causes that menstrual irregularities may be due:
After investigations and having reached a correct diagnosis an approach to treatment will depend if a woman desires to have more children.
Some of the treatment options available:
- Oral contraception
- Intra-uterine Device (IUD)
- Endometrial ablation
- Endometrial polyp removal
- Total laparoscopic Hysterectomy (TLH)
If you suffer from menstrual problems, contact Dr Alex Polyakov to get an accurate diagnosis and discuss your treatment options.