An Experienced Obstetrician for Each Trimester of Pregnancy
First trimester care includes:
- ongoing checks of both your health and your baby's health
- support and answers to any questions or concerns you have
- lifestyle advice, essential nutrition and exercise
Second trimester care includes:
- ongoing checks of the baby's development and changes in your health
- ultrasounds, screening tests and sex determination
- ongoing tests to check for complications and tailor your care plan, which will continue for the remainder of your pregnancy
Third trimester care includes:
- more detailed information about labour and delivery
- discussions about surgical delivery, vaginal birth and medication considerations
- initial information about life after pregnancy
Labour Options and Assistance
As your obstetrician, Dr Alex Polyakov is here for you from conception to delivery. In the lead up to labour, Dr Alex can help you understand the signs of labour as well as recommend childbirth preparation classes if desired.
We will discuss and put your preferences for the delivery into action vaginal birth, elective Caesarean Section, pain relief options (if any) and the use of extra equipment.